A bottle of wine never disappoints. Whether you enjoy a glass of fine wine to dim the effects of a rough day, sip it with cheese from a wine gift basket, or use it to create delicious new recipes, it provides plenty of use. This is why wine is the proclaimed best gift for the new decade. With holidays approaching fast, order wine from an online liquor store right from the comfort of your sofa.
Whether an anniversary, birthday, or Christmas, a wine bottle is always a classy gift to give that we bet will never go to waste. Go economical or splurge, you’ll find a wine bottle to match your budget range. Now that you have decided to send you wine gift sets this year, let acquaint you with 2 recipes that you conjure up with this magic potion!
White Wine Braised Chicken
If your bug anniversary is coming up, surprise your lady love with some cooking skills. Prepare a lavish dinner to wash down with the remaining fine white wine. The best thing about this recipe is that it easy customizable to suit any palate.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup of White Wine
- Kosher salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Marinate chicken with salt and pepper and cook on medium-high flame with olive oil until golden brown on each side
- Cook shallots and garlic in a pot for about 2 minutes
- Add thyme and white wine and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer for about 4 minutes until it is reduced
- Place the chicken skin side upin the pot and add broth. Let it simmer.
- Cover and transfer to the oven.
- Let the chicken braise for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and let the skin crisp in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of side and a glass of white wine!
Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Glaze
What good is a meal without dessert? End your date on a sweet note with this delicious and moist chocolate cake topped with a fruity, red wine glaze. We’re practically salivating! Another reason to gift someone a bottle of Pinot Noir?
Ingredients for Cake:
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup Red Wine
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Heat chocolate, sugar and butter over a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan with simmering water. Keep stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Remove and let it cool.
- Add eggs one by one to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is a mousse like consistency.
- Add salt and flour and beat on low speed.
- Place the batter into a floured pan and smooth top.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven.
- After a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes clean, remove and let it cool n a rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by heating chocolate, sugar and butter over a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with simmering water until chocolate melts.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Now bring the red wine to a boil in a pan.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and slowly add wine. Whisk.
- Let it cool for about 8-10 minutes.
- Now assemble the cake on a platter by pouring the glaze over it until completely covered.
As for the rest of the wine? Pour yourself and your loved ones a glass to enjoy!
Written by: Sarah from Wine Guide