Your shopping cart is currently empty.
Wine has come a long way from being just a dinner drink to being a beautiful gift. Giving wine as a gift has become passé at some point over the last few years, but in fact, it never seems to go out of style.
Here are 10 reasons why wine will always be a winner…
1. Choosing the right wine is a great way to show you care- Whether it’s a vegetarian wine for a veggie friend, or a family member’s favorite Sauvignon Blanc, taking the time to select the right wine for the recipient is a great way to show how well you know them, and how much you care.
2. There are wines for all occasions- Wine is a fitting accompaniment to many of life’s sweetest pleasures and is therefore an appropriate gift in all manner of situations. Whether it’s a wedding or a birthday party, a Christening or a Christmas gift, there is sure to be a wine to match. Indeed, specific wines are traditionally associated with specific special occasions – think Champagne and sparkling wines for celebrations and Port for Christenings. Following these traditions is a great way to mark the significance of these major events.
3. Vintages can celebrate particular years- When giving wine as a gift to mark a wedding, anniversary or birthday, a wine vintage dating from the year of the marriage or birth can be a wonderfully personal way to pay homage.
4. Wine is the perfect gift for dinner parties- When bringing wine to a dinner party as a gift for your hosts, you can pick a wine that compliments the meal and shows how much thought you put into the event. If you’re not sure on the best wine to match your meal, just get in touch with one of our advisors or visit our website for a suggested food match with every wine.
5. You can honor a person’s heritage with wine- Many people take considerable pride in their national or regional wines, particularly in areas with strong wine-growing traditions such as South Africa and Argentina. Presenting someone with a cracking wine from their region will often be greatly appreciated.
6. Wine can be beautifully packaged- When it comes to giving gifts, presentation is important. Beautiful packaging will really make your gift extra special. A wine gift box can provide a simple and stylish solution. Alternatively, you can present the wine as part of a gift hamper for a real ‘wow’ gift.
7. Plus, the wines themselves don’t look half bad- Even as objects in their own right, wine bottles are aesthetically pleasing. A beautiful bottle can take pride of place on someone’s mantelpiece or table. Whether it’s this Maison Williams Chase Rosé in a beautiful glass stoppered bottle or the charming illustration on this bottle of Smart Dog Red, the visual appeal of a wine bottle should not be underestimated.
8. Wine lasts- Wine is a great gift because there’s no pressure on the recipient to drink it now – left unopened, the right wine can improve with age. This means that the recipient can enjoy it at a time of their choosing, without the pressure of an expiry date. Keep an eye on the drinking guides on our product pages for wines marked “drink now” or “keep”. Choose “keep” if you think the recipient may like to squirrel it away.
9. Wine is made for sharing- Wine is a gift that says, “Share me.” Whether the recipient pops the cork and splits it with you there and then, or enjoys it with loved ones at a later date, wine will almost always be enjoyed socially. By giving someone the gift of wine, you’re not just treating them to wine – you’re enabling them to share the experience with the people they love.10.Wine has unexpected health benefits- According to research published in the Telegraph, red wine has several unexpected health benefits, with some studies suggesting that it is good for your teeth, keeps you mentally agile and helps you live longer. Obviously, these benefits can only be experienced if you drink in moderation, but they are still some pretty good health benefits for something so delicious!