Any house party these days is incomplete without alcohol. It is simply because drinking is a great way to relax on a weekend or holiday and can make socialising fun and easy too. And if you wish to keep things classy, you can order wine online and make sure everyone enjoys some popular flavours and aromas while having a good time. Whether you are throwing a party to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, promotion or the party is just aimed at bringing close friends together, there is nothing like a glass of wine to get things going. So, read on to know about the 5 top wine varieties that can impress any guest and liven up the ambiance in seconds.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – This widely known and loved French red wine is made from grapes that are currently grown in Tuscany, Australia, Napa Valley, South America and many other regions. It is a dark and full-bodied wine that is dry and has complex notes. It is a tannic wine full of fruity flavours. If you are wondering what to serve with it, blue cheese burgers are a good choice for casual parties. For an elegant dinner, go with filet mignon with balsamic glaze or rosemary braised lamb shanks.
- Pinot Noir – This red wine is usually light or medium bodied and low in tannins. It is luscious, delicious and is increasingly becoming popular among wine connoisseurs. If you want to serve a fruity pinot noir, you can pair it with roasted chicken or salmon, or pasta. A tannic pinot noir on the other hand tastes better with beef stews, game birds and casseroles.
- Merlot – Produced from dark blue grapes, merlot is a medium-bodied and dry wine that is loved by many. It is low in tannins, smooth on your palate and has fruity flavours. The finish is chocolate-y and the wine is best enjoyed chilled. You can serve it with dishes like roasted pork loin, lamb burgers, veal chops or even goat cheese. Originally from the Bordeaux region in France, the wine is now produced in Napa Valley, Australia, Central Valley and Sonoma County as well.
- Sauvignon Blanc – Are you planning to serve an elegant French white wine? Then go with this one as Sauvignon Blanc is known for its herb notes and freshness. The beautiful yellow green hue is pleasing to all and you will be delighted by fruity flavours like green apple, white peach, lime and passion fruit. It can be served with goat cheese or vegetables like zucchini, asparagus and peas, for starters. Or, you can pair it with delicate fish dishes or fresh oysters. Pasta dishes will go well with this white wine too.
- Chardonnay – This white wine is produced from green-skinned grapes and is originally from the Burgundy region in France. It is a dry wine infused with exotic flavours that depend on the climate in which the grapes were grown. For example, you can pick a cool climate buttery chardonnay if you want citrusy flavours. A chardonnay from warm climate will have fruity flavours. Oaked chardonnay on the other hand will be full-bodied and boast of butter, vanilla and caramel flavours. You can serve it with creamy dishes of cod, halibut, lobster, crab or scallops.
So, are you ready to throw the most talked-about house party in town? Pick up from the list of the above 5 wines and source them from famous brands to be on the safe side. Make sure you store and serve them at the right temperature and under the right conditions, so that the flavours and aromas stay authentic.